Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday- New Year's Resolutions!


Wow...  Time has just flown by!  I think I said that Tuesday too, didn't I?  ;)  As I prepare to write this year's resolutions I am reflecting much on the speed of time and that will have a lot to do with my resolutions this year.  I feel like time is moving so fast, and sometimes feel like a stranger on the side of the road as the car of life goes whizzing past.  My children are growing up so fast.  I'm got only a limited amount of time left with them before they become adults and have their own business to contend with.  I want to make the most of the time I have.  I want to live with no regrets.  My husband and I will celebrate 15 years of marriage this year.  I want to celebrate the time we've spent together.  I don't want to rush it.  Time, like life, is temporary.  We should use it wisely.

With that:


Finances:
  • Create an Emergency Fund and maintain it
  • Develop a cushion in my checking account to avoid charges
  • Pay off one creditor (credit card, car, Auston's braces)
  • Accumulate no additional debt in 2011
  • Menu Plan to reduce grocery costs

Children:
  • Teach Auston to drive Oh My Gosh!  Did I just SAY that???????
  • Potty Train the chick, begin potty training the Goat  Is there really life with no diapers?
  • Find the boys' passions and help them to build on them
  • More grace for my children, less yelling, more teaching
  • Hug my children more
  • Play more games with my children
  • Have a sleepover with my kids
  • Encourage my children to do something extraordinary, and to see the extraordinary in themselves
  • Try to see the world in the wonder that my kids see it
  • Finalize both adoptions

Marriage:
  • Re-Institute date night
  • Do myself up for my husband
  • Have a servant's heart towards my husband
  • Make sure he has clean socks (It's a problem lately LOL)
  • Spend some time away from the house for our Anniversary
  • Renew our vows at church
  • Believe the best about my husband always
  • Tell my husband how much I appreciate him and admire him often

Friends and Family:
  • Do something special anonymously for a friend at least twice this year
  • Plan another homeschool mom's retreat
  • Say no to more activities, and make the ones I say yes to count
  • Send out birthday cards and other occasion cards

Health and Fitness:
  • Lose weight consistently.  Don't let myself sabotage myself.  Get on a plan and stick to it.  
  • Exercise at least 3-5 times a week by the end of the year
  • Make more balanced meals for the family- more fruits and vegetables!
  • Prioritize myself
Home Management:
  • Make my Home Like Heaven in 2011!!!
  • Plant Flowers
  • Plant a Vegetable Garden
  • Replace Facia Boards
  • Replace carpets with Tile Floors
  • Replace furniture
  • Replace tires on Van
  • Stain the Deck
Spirituality:
  • Pray more
  • Pray specifically.  Pray for my children more.  Pray for my husband.  Pray for my finances.  Pray for myself.
  • Enrich the DOK Ministry with different topics on prayer and worship
  • Complete my lessons for CBS consistently
  • Share my faith more- don't be afraid to talk about it
  • Revel in awe at God's work
  • Trust God- with my children, with my marriage, when it doesn't seem like He's there especially
Well, I pray that your 2011 holds many exciting experiences.


Don't forget!  Next week we begin the series "Making Our Homes Like Heaven in 2011".  I'm really excited about this!  Can't wait to share it with you!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

2 comments:

  1. Great Post! This is going to be a great year for you and I am so blessed to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...this is a great post! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I am glad I can be inspiration. I wanted to share what I have learned through the long journey of weight loss. I am glad that I touched at least one person! We can do this together. I just may be doing some of the same goals as you are in 2011. Stop by anytime. (so you have adopted...let me just say adoption is a BEAUTIFUL thing!!!)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)